Fraport ensures safety, security, cleanliness, and functionality with innovative processes and products.
Terminal Management covers the overall management of terminal facilities and passenger processes at Frankfurt Airport.
What we do in Terminal Management:
- We provide safe, secure, rule-compliant terminal facilities
- We are responsible for operational safety, operability, and cleanliness of the terminal facilities: in particular, we guarantee public safety
- The Terminal Duty Managers are responsible for operational management, and are available 24 hours a day as points of contact for all terminal management issues
- We provide our passengers with customary services such as information, a lost & found office, and a communication center
- We control passenger flow
- We supply departing and arriving passengers as well as meeters and greeters with current flight data at critical points of decision
Here are the
Fraport tests new systems
The innovative concepts and systems introduced by Fraport also ensure competitive passenger operations at Frankfurt Airport:
- EasyPASS: EU citizens holding the new chip-equipped EU ePassport can go through automated border control posts, identified by means of biometrics. At Frankfurt Airport, there are already 32 EasyPASS lanes available for arriving passengers and 24 for departing passengers to reduce waiting times at border control.
- MAM (Mobile Asset Management): electronic documentation of the condition of passenger facility areas by means of tablet PCs and transponder technology
- MACS (Multi-Access Control System): a powerful and advanced management and access control system
- eGates: a fast, safe, and convenient service that allows passengers to go through boarding card control by simply scanning the 2D bar code on their boarding card.
- From the “Great to have you here!” service program and the “5-star program”: This includes the acceptance of “dangerous goods” – up to a certain size – which passengers are prohibited from taking on board. In exchange for a fee, these goods are safely and properly stored.
- Concepts to improve passenger information: e.g. flight information by e-mail, an information kiosk where, for instance, passengers can scan their boarding card to check the status of their flight and gate, social media, and the Frankfurt Airport app with which travelers can look up all information about their flight and the airport including indoor navigation at any time
- Passenger flow analysis that records overall passenger flow at Frankfurt Airport in real time every five minutes