By appointment only:
We provide preventive testing for SARS-CoV-2 and medical examination for self-payers or for persons for whom the employer bears the costs (e.g. travelers as part of visa procedures).
- PCR swab test: Voluntary nose/throat swab (molecular PCR test) to detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including a medical examination, even when there are no signs of infection (e.g. for travelers, including as part of visa procedures):
- Rapid turnaround time - Most (>95%) results ready for pickup after 4-5 hours
- Regular turnaround time - Most (>98%) results ready by late evening/during the night of the day of examination (<24 hours)
- Antibody testing: Voluntary antibody testing and medical examination
- "Rapid test" - Result online after a short wait
- Regular turnaround time - Moste (>98%) results ready within three days
- Combined tests:
- Voluntary "rapid PCR test" and rapid antibody test including medical examination
- Voluntary regular PCR and antibody testing including medial examination
These services can be used only after prior
Online appointments help to prevent waiting times and lines in the Medical Center.
This makes it possible to maintain social distancing.
In addition, face masks (covering the mouth and nose) must be worn in the Medical Center.
PCR test/swab test
At our Medical Center, we offer two types of swab samples including examinations performed by a physician:
- “Rapid PCR test” (point of care) – Result after 4-5 hours: After the nose/throat swab and the medical examination have been carried out, the final result and the original medical certificate are being sent out as an encrypted document via e-mail after 4-5 hours. If desired, the original document can be picked up on site. Please note that the “rapid PCR test” is entirely subject to availability and should be booked in advance.
- Regular turnaround time for PCR – Most results are available within 24 hours (mostly ready by late evening/during the night) – the tested person receives the result in a secure manner online (cellphone and Internet access required).
You will receive a written medical certificate in English and German from us immediately after the swab test and the examination. The results of the laboratory examination are also certified in English and German.
To ensure that a useful sample is taken, a thin swab (similar to a long cotton bud) is placed in the rear back wall of the pharynx and the back of the nasal cavity. This may briefly cause slight discomfort but is not painful. The skilled hand of the person performing the examination is the key to performing a reliable test.
According to our philosophy, in addition to careful sampling, a medical consultation and an exploratory examination are essential elements of a test.
Please understand that we can only fill out supplementary documents (e.g. for entry, visa procedure, etc.) if the test was performed by us in line with our quality guidelines. We do not offer self-sampling for the same reasons.
Our experience with SARS-CoV-2 swabs and examinations over the last few months has persuaded us to maintain this approach.
To ensure comprehensive medical care, we do of course give advice on the next steps to people who test positive. We have the requisite experience and expertise for ensuring treatment also beyond the airport grounds.
The samples that we take from you at the Medical Center are processed solely for the intended purpose, namely detecting SARS-CoV-2. Any other examinations are strictly subject to your consent. .
Rapid antibody test (result on-site)
At the Medical Center, there is an option to find out whether SARS-CoV-2 antibodies are present in your blood via a rapid test.
After a short wait, you will receive the result of the blood test and medical examination in the form of a written report as an encrypted document via E-Mail.
The costs must be borne by the test recipient.
This test is of interest for those traveling to countries that require an antibody test prior to entry.
Please check your destination country’s entry requirements yourself.
Antibody testing (not a rapid test)
We also provide the option of a blood sample for SARS-CoV-2 antibody testing by a laboratory (not a rapid test, regular turnaround time).
A blood sample is taken here. You do not need to fast beforehand.
According to our philosophy, in addition to careful sampling, a medical consultation and an exploratory examination are essential components of a test.
The samples that we take from you at the Medical Center are processed solely for the intended purpose, namely detecting SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Any other examinations are strictly subject to your consent.
The results of the antibody test are out sent in writing, but you are welcome to collect them yourself if you wish.
Good to know
After registering online, you will receive an e-mail with confirmation of your appointment and further information on your swab test or antibody testing (including directions to the Medical Center etc.).
The costs incurred for medical consultations and laboratory testing will be charged in line with Germany’s statutory Scale of Fees for Physicians (GOÄ). Direct payment, e.g. by credit card, is required from self-payers or in the absence of a written declaration of assumption of costs.
Questions on quarantine or isolation measures must be addressed to the responsible government agencies, such as the local Health Departments and/or the German Federal Police. This particularly includes the specific question as to whether a negative result of the nose/throat swab for SARS-CoV-2 results in an exemption from these measures. Further details for travelers/returnees from abroad are available (in German) at:
Price information (for regular cases):
- Voluntary antibody testing for SARS-CoV-2 and medical examination: approx. €111*
- Voluntary nose/throat swab for SARS-CoV-2 and medical examination: approx. €202*
- Voluntary nose/throat swab for SARS-CoV-2 (“rapid test”) and medical examination: approx. €240*
- Voluntary combined test (with PCR & antibody - regular turnaround time): approx. €227-247*
- Voluntary combined tests (with PCR & antibody - “rapid tests”): approx. €285*
*Billing is based on the statutory Scale of Fees for Physicians in Germany (GOÄ). On weekends and public holidays, a surcharge of up to €12.82 in accordance with the GOÄ is added to this amount.
Please note that special conditions may apply to airport employees at Frankfurt Airport (verification with Airport ID Card or similar).